Becoming a Chef
- You schedule a 100% FREE consultation, where I take an in-depth look at what I can do to take the stress out of your weekly meals.
- After our consultation, you fill out a detailed questionnaire so that I have a clear understanding of your preferences.
- I plan a menu based on your preferences, and give you options to choose from based on what you’ve told me.
- I go out and shop for the most local ingredients I can find, ensuring you get the best quality food.
- We set up a trial cook day. If you like the food, you can subscribe to my weekly service. I make the food and then deliver it directly to your home at whatever time you desire.
- As far as delivery is concerned, your freshly prepared meals are kept hot in a commercial-grade food warming bag from the moment they're carefully packaged by me. Your delicious meals arrive hot in bulk packaging or prepared for individual portions; it's completely your choice.
At the young age of 6 years old Daniel Lubin began cooking at home with his dad in Menlo Park, California, USA. Together, they cooked various breakfast items each weekend and for special dinners Daniel was trained on how to grill and smoke various meats. As he grew older his passion for food and cooking developed further. At the age of 13 Daniel began working at a local bakery where he was excited to be surrounded by the hustle and bustle of a busy kitchen, so much so that he stayed there for a couple years during high school. Towards the end of his high school years, around the age of 17, he began working as a volunteer in the kitchen at his high school because he wanted to experience more of the restaurant side of things versus a bakery. Being in the kitchen felt like the right place to be and he knew this is where he belonged.
When Daniel turned 18 his parents volunteered to cover the cost for him to attend college. Immediately, Daniel stated his intentions to pursue his dream of becoming a chef and asked to go to culinary school. Much to his disappointment, Daniel was told that culinary school was not an option and that it was the only education that was not going to be covered financially. Since his dream of becoming a chef was not going to be possible at this time he decided that his best option was to get the best education possible from the best school he could get into.
In 2006, he began formally developing his creative skills in a world-class educational environment by attending the University of California, Santa Barbara. He graduated in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Studio Art. After graduating he worked in the creative arts field as a graphic designer, clothing designer and project manager for a few years. After finances became tough he moved into working in the corporate world for a few more years. However, there was something still inside of Daniel that wasn't satisfied.
In 2016, Daniel decided to accomplish his lifelong dream of becoming a chef and started making plans to attend culinary school. In 2018 he will be graduating from the world famous Ballymaloe Cookery School run by celebrity chefs: Darina Allen, Rory O'Connell and Rachel Allen. The experience of attending and graduating from culinary school has marked Daniel Lubin with the credibility of a professional chef that he has always sought after, while also providing him with much international culinary experience.